Friday, March 29, 2013

Literary Locale!

Literary Locale is a meme here at A Bookish Affair on Fridays where I talk about where I've been reading lately or any other bookish locations that I feel like talking about. Feel free to grab the logo and play along!

My fair city!
 If you know me at all, you probably know that I am very, very proud of being from the Washington, D.C. area. D.C. is such a cool city. If you visit the A Bookish Affair Facebook site, my cover picture is of my favorite D.C. park (Meridian Hill). I love wearing my D.C. Rollergirls t-shirt and I love just wandering around the city. There is so much more to this city than politics. The city has a really incredible history and I love reading about all aspects of this place!

So I was very, very excited to read this week about a new project called DC by the Book and its corresponding website. The idea of the project is to map all sorts of fiction books set in D.C. How cool is that? The website just opened this week so there isn't much on it yet but I have really high hopes for it. I'm thinking that I'm probably going be adding some more D.C. based books to my list and I cannot wait!

So, do you like reading about your city? Where are you reading this week?

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...